- Kindergarteners celebrate the marriage of "Q" and "U". To read the full story in the Evening News and Tribune click here.
- U.S Department of Education names St Paul's School a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence !!!!
2002-03 NCLB-BRS Awards Announced
September 16, 2003 -- U.S. Secretary of Education Rod Paige today announced the names of the 2002-03 No Child Left Behind-Blue Ribbon Schools, including 47 private schools. CAPE, the proud coordinator of the program for private schools, joins the nation's education community in congratulating all winning schools.
- Download the complete list of winning schools in Word or PDF format.
- Visit the USDE's NCLB-BRS Web page for more information.
- Read the USDE's press release. (not yet available)
No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon Schools Program
U.S. Secretary of Education Rod Paige has established the No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon Schools Program to honor those elementary and secondary schools in the United States that make significant progress in closing the achievement gap or whose students achieve at very high levels. The program recognizes and presents as models elementary and secondary schools that meet either of two assessment criteria. First, it recognizes schools that have at least 40 percent of their students from disadvantaged backgrounds that dramatically improve student performance to high levels on standardized national or state assessments. Second, it recognizes schools that, regardless of the background of the students in the school, are in the top 10 percent of schools in the nation (as measured by standardized national assessments) or in the state (as measured by standardized state assessments). These No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon Schools will be honored at a ceremony in Washington, DC, in the fall of 2003.
- Article from CAPE (Council on American Private Education) that tells facts about private schools and public schools. Follow this link to read : www.capenet.org/facts.html